Old-Fashioned Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 eggs
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 85mins
Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl. Add butter, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 6 and beat about 2 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 2 and add eggs, one at a time, mixing about 15 seconds after each addition. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 30 seconds.
Pour batter into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove cake from pan.
Yield: 16 servings.
Per serving: About 419 cal, 5 g pro, 44 g carb, 25 g fat, 143 mg chol, 378 mg sod.
You'll also love
- Paleo Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Bake 4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cinnamon Cake with Cinnamon-Cream... 4.1/5 (45 Votes)
- Corn Pudding - Jiffy 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Carbonara Chicken Alfredo Stuffed... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- 7 Up Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peekaboo Pumpkin Pound Cake 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Amaretto Almond Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)