Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Peppermint Hot Chocolate is one of our favorite treats during the holidays. Made with real semi-sweet chocolate chips and a dash of peppermint, this makes the perfect treat for Christmas morning. We usually make a to go batch on the night we drive to look at Christmas lights.
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- whipped cream, for garnish
- crushed candy cane, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from number-2-pencil.com
Measure chocolate chips into a large heatproof bowl. Heat milk and cream over medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Stir occasionally while heating.
Once hot, pour mixture into bowl over chocolate chip. Add vanilla and peppermint extract. Whisk until chocolate chips are completely melted. Serve with whipped cream and crushed candy cane sprinkled on top.
You'll also love
- Virgin Mudslide 4.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Chewy Oatmeal Date Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Joe's Stone Crab Mustard Sauce 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Rosemary-Olive Oil Potato Chips 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Hot Hard Apple Cider 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Virgin Navy Grog 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Chex Mix 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed... 3.9/5 (67 Votes)