Creamy Chicken Caesar Lasagna
- For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- For the lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups chopped spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil (optional)
Melt the butter over medium high heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk, a little bit at a time, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Whisk in the cream cheese, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust as necessary.
Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Add the chicken to the sauce mixture and keep over medium low heat.
Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles. Top with ½ the chicken mixture, 1½ cups kale, ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, and 1 cup mozzarella. Cover with 3 more noodles. Repeat layers, ending with another layer of noodles and the remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes covered with greased foil. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes to brown the cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
You can also divide this into more layers - just cook a few extra noodles and spread the filling out a bit more over 3 or 4 layers instead of just 2.
You can also use the oven-ready noodles that don’t require boiling. However, I found it helpful to add a few tablespoons of water to the dish before baking if you do use them.
You'll also love
- Corn Flake Chicken Fingers 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Tuna Macaroni Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Orange... 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Spicy Roasted Vegetable Macaroni... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Kielbasa, Chicken & Pasta Casserole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Tortellini Caesar Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (16 Votes)