Bacon & Tomato Spaghetti Carbonara
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 of a 900g pkg spaghetti
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, sliced
- salt & pepper
- additional grated parmesan cheese
In large frypan cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp drippings. Set bacon aside. Combine drippings and butter, set aside. In large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, return to saucepan. Add butter mixture, eggs, cheese and parsley tossing to combine. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is creamy and slightly thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese.