Penne wtih Smoked Sausage and Broccoli
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sp dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 can (28oz) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; sauté sausage until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Drain fat from pan.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook onions, garlic, herb seasoning, salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and tomato paste, mashing with potato masher; bring to boil. Return sausage to pan; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook penne for 7 minutes. Add broccoli; cook until tender-crisp and penne is al dente, about 1 minute. Drain and return to pot.
Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to 12-cup (3 L) oval glass baking dish. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; add 10 minutes to baking time.)
Sprinkle with Fontina and Parmesan cheeses. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until bubbly, about 30 mintes.
You'll also love
- Freezing Corn 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach and Feta Orzo Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BBQ Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Beef & Vegetable Kabobs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- pasta sauce raphael 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccolini with Orange... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cream of Broccoli and Leek Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)