Little Lemon & Poppy Seed Cakes
- 2 cups (250g) self raising flour
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbs poppy seeds
- 2 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbl spoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 12 x 100ml capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar, poppy seeds and rind and mix well.
Whisk milk, juice, oil and egg together in a small jug. Pour into flour mixture and gently mix until just combined.
Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases and bake for about 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.
You'll also love
- BLT Pasta 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Basic Venison Roast 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 3.9/5 (44 Votes)
- David Venable's Apple Crisp 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Jello Salad/Dessert 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Orange (Peach)... 4/5 (31 Votes)