Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- 5 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar – plus more for the tops of the corn muffins
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour milk – milk plus 1 tsp. white vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes
- Golden Blossom Honey for drizzling
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix; add the butter and crumble with your fingers into bits.
Gently beat the eggs with the sour milk and add to the dry ingredients while slowly stirring.
Fill prepared muffin tins ¾ of the way and sprinkle the tops of the muffins with sugar.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
Let cool for a few minutes and gently remove from the tins.
Serve with Golden Blossom Honey drizzled over the muffin.
You'll also love
- Fish Fry Trim Healthy Mama Style 4/5 (19 Votes)
- No-bake Chocolate-Raspberry... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- potato mac salad (Hawaiian style) 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Purple Cabbage Salad 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Cornbread Pudding with Whiskey... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Corn Muffins 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 3.7/5 (48 Votes)
Review this recipe