Linda Evans' Dynasty Corn Pudding
- 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for greasing
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 to 5 ears), divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 9 oz Monterey Jack (or pepper Jack cheese), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cornmeal1
- 4-oz) can whole green chiles, drained, patted dry, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I prefer Parmigiano-Reggiano
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 2-quart rectangular casserole dish.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup corn kernels with melted butter and eggs.
3. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except Parmesan. Add pureed corn and mix well. Pour into casserole dish, sprinkle with Parmesan, and bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Cook’s note: If the top isn’t browned but the pudding looks set, place it under a preheated broiler for a couple of minutes, until golden spots appear. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
•To add more bite, sprinkle in some hot sauce, like Frank’s RedHot.
•For an even cheesier taste, mix in some cheddar.
•Pair the pudding with a spinach salad and roasted chicken for dinner.
•Feeling weighed down? Try taking a daily one-hour walk like I do.