Taco Cornbread Casserole
Taco Cornbread Casserole comes together in under one hour for a feast filled with the flavors of zesty Mexican spices, assorted melty cheeses, and fresh lettuce and tomato. This recipe is guaranteed to spice up your weekly meal routine and get the whole family excited about dinner again. Serve this recipe as is with salsa and sour cream to garnish or a pitcher of margaritas to make this dish a real party.
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 cups cooked taco seasoned meat
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup colby jack, cheddar, or Mexican cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from facebook.com
In a large bowl, prepare cornbread mix based on instructions on the box.
Spread into an 8x8-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
Remove cornbread from oven and spread meat over cornbread.
Combine sour cream, 3/4 cup cheese, and onion. Spread over meat mixture.
Bake for 15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with tomato, lettuce, and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
You'll also love
- Walking Taco Casserole 3.9/5 (271 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Brisket Recipe -... 3.8/5 (117 Votes)
- Corn Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Lemon Angel Hair 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Super Easy Egg Foo Yung 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken & Waffles For Two 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Asparagus, Pea and Saffron Risotto... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)