Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- halved walnuts (optional)
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-pineapple-upside-down-cake-14357?oc=linkback
Follow instructions on cake box for making an oblong single layer cake.
Prepare cake batter and set aside.
Cut up butter in small pieces and place all over the bottom of the oblong pan specified on cake box.
Sprinkle brown sugar generously over the butter.
Place pan on the stove (or in the oven) and heat slowly until butter and sugar melt to a liquid then remove from heat.
Evenly space the pineapple slices around the bottom of pan in the heated sugar and butter.
Place the cherries and nuts between the pineapple slices (Tho the cherries and nuts look nice and taste great, they are optional).
Pour cake batter on top of the pineapple/cherry/nut mixture.
Place in oven and bake as directed on cake box.
As soon as cake is done place a plate over the cake and turn upside down and carefully remove pan.
If you wait too long the sugar will harden and be difficult to remove.
Note: Peaches may be used in place of pineapple.
You'll also love
- Slow cooker creamy chicken and... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Halloween Orange Sherbet Punch 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Baked Apple French Toast 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Pineapple Pistachio Pie 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Spicy Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)