Raspberry Chiffon Pie
- Fruit layer
- 12-ounce bag frozen raspberries (2 cups)
- 3 T Sure-Jell pectin
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- Chiffon layer
- 3 T raspberry-flavored jello
- 3 T boiling water
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c chilled Whipped cream topping
- 1 1/4 c heavy cream, chilled
- 2 T sugar
Prepare, assemble and bake piecrust (see recipe below). Let it cool while you prepare the pie filling.
Fruit layer: Cook frozen berries in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to release their juice, about 3 minutes. Stir in pectin and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar and salt and return to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much puree as possible. Scrape puree off underside of sieve too.
Transfer 1/3 cup of raspberry puree to a bowl and cool to room temperature. Gently fold fresh berries into remaining puree. Spread fruit mixture evenly over bottom of pie shell and set aside.
Chiffon layer: Dissolve jello in boiling water in mixing bowl
of your stand mixer. Add cream cheese and reserved 1/3 cup of raspberry puree and beat on high until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add cream and beat on medium-low speed until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread evenly over the fruit in the pie shell. Cover pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least three hours.
You'll also love
- Maple Brown Sugar Pumpkin Roll 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Pumpkin Pie with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cherry Brownie Cobbler 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Guilt-Free Banana S'mores 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MIX CHEESECAKE... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Raspberry/Blueberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Blackberry Chiffon Pie 4.2/5 (9 Votes)