Guilt-Free Banana S'mores
- Other toppings:
- Chocolate Bars -
- 1/2 C + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 C agave nectar
- Honey Marshmallows -
- 1 1/2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 C cold water
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- S'mores -
- 2 Bananas
- 3 -ingredient Chocolate, cut into small cubes
- Honey Homemade Marshmallows, cut into chunks
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Graham Crackers
Chocolate Bars -
Mix ingredients together until smooth. Place into a container with wax paper. Place into freezer for about 30 minutes. Take out, cut into squares, enjoy!
Honey Marshmallows -
1. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Then cover with parchment paper and grease the paper.
2. Put ¼ cup of water in a medium bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Set aside to soften.
3. In a small pot, place the honey, salt, and the other ¼ cup of water. Heat on medium heat. (You can test it by dribbling a little of the liquid into a bowl of ice cold water. It should be forming little soft balls when cooled in the water and taken out. It takes about 7-8 minutes to reach this temperature) Remove from the heat as soon as it’s at the right temperature.
4. Using a hand mixer on low, very carefully mix in the hot syrup into the gelatin mixture by pouring the hot syrup in a drizzle down the side of the bowl. Once it’s all combined, add the vanilla and increase speed to high. Beat for 12- 15 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and fluffy (it will look like marshmallow fluff). Scrap into the prepared pan and leave, uncovered, for 4-12 hours to dry. Cut into squares, serve as is.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take a piece of aluminum foil and place under each banana you are baking.
3. Take the banana and slice down the center hotdog style. Split it to give some room to place your s'mores pieces in. Place your chocolate, marshmallows, and whichever other toppings you want into/on top of your banana.
4. Put directly on the oven rack and bake for 5 minutes. Using tongs or a hot pad take the foil out of the oven.