Big Daddy's Grilled Blue Cheese-and-Bacon Potato Salad
Southern Living MAY 2010
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Prep time:30 Minutes
- Grilling the potatoes in an easy-to-fold aluminum foil packet adds a subtle note of smoky flavor–plus it makes cleanup a breeze.
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Adapted from southernliving.com
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Place potatoes in a single layer in center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring up foil sides over potatoes; double fold top and side edges to seal, making 1 large packet.
2. Grill potatoes, in foil packet, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes on each side. Remove packet from grill. Carefully open packet, using tongs, and let potatoes cool 5 minutes.
3. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add potatoes, tossing gently to coat. Stir in onion, blue cheese, and bacon.
*Balsamic vinegar may be substituted but will darken the color of the dressing.
You'll also love
- Beef Stroganoff - French Style 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Tennessee Peach Pudding 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Peekaboo Pumpkin Pound Cake 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Country Style Pork Ribs Electric... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Orzo with Bacon & Peas 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Wolfermans Patrician Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Chicken &... 5/5 (1 Votes)