Stuffed Salmon with Cream Cheese & Shrimp
This was a hit and the topping really complimented the salmon! 1 (4-ounce) piece of salmon with topping is approximately 282 cal, 3g. carbs, 10g. fat, 44g. protein.
*This was adapted from askchefdennis.com.
- 6 salmon filets
- 16 ounces shrimp
- 4 ounces 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay
- Jane's crazy salt & pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from askchefdennis.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook spinach in water until fully cooked. Cool and remove all excess water from spinach. Add diced onion & red pepper to a frying pan with pam and cook until softened. Boil shrimp, but make sure NOT to overcook them as they'll be cooking longer in the oven.
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, egg & seasonings until combined. Stir in mozzarella cheese. Place spinach, red peppers, onions, and cooked shrimp in bowl and chop until shrimp are in smaller pieces (you may want to just cut them up once they are cooked and skip this step). Mix all ingredients together gently.
Place salmon on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and divide mixture evenly on top of individual filets.
Cook salmon at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until done. Don't over cook as you don't want to dry out the salmon.
You'll also love
- Mixed Berry Scones 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Sausage Cheese Dip - "The Man Dip" 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Cape Cod Cranberry Coffee Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Fisherman's Scrub 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Scallopini with Lemon... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Onion 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Alfredo Sauce with shrimp and... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon, Fennel and Goat... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)