Romanesco Broccoli, Broccoli or Cauliflower Pasta with Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 head Romanesco broccoli (Roman cauliflower), broccoli or cauliflower, cut into small florets and stems thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 box mezze rigatoni, Barilla brand or other short cut pasta
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese or sheep’s milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
Heat EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add onions and garlic to pan, and season with salt, pepper and bay. Stir and cook 8-10 minutes to soften.
Add wine to the pan, stir 1 minute then add stock. Arrange Romanesco, broccoli or cauliflower over onions and add crushed red pepper, lemon zest and rosemary to the pan. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drop pasta in boiling water after veggies have been cooking 3-4 minutes. Cook pasta to al dente. Add ladleful of starchy pasta cooking water to the veggies. Drain pasta and toss it into the pot with sauce. Stir in ricotta cheese, thyme and grated Pecorino. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve pasta in shallow bowls.
You'll also love
- Bacon Tomato Mini Tarts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Japanese Steakhouse White Sauce -... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon & Potatoes 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Three Cheese Ziti 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Bow Ties with Sausage & Sweet... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli and Stuffing Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Calzones 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Cauliflower and... 5/5 (1 Votes)