Flavorful orange and cranberry muffins studded with pieces of pecans. These muffins are vegan and low fat too but this does not affect the taste. Flax seed powder is used as an egg substitute in this recipe.
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2/3 cup Orange Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons Flax Seed Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- from 1 orange Orange Zest
- 1 cup Coarsely Chopped Fresh Cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from egglesscooking.com
Preheat the oven at 375F/190C for 15 minutes. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
In a blender/food processor blend together the flax seed powder and water until its nice and frothy.
Measure orange juice in a liquid measuring mug, add water until you reach 1 cup measure in the mug. To this also add the flax seed mixture, orange zest and stir together well.
Pour the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until just moistened. Fold in the cranberries too. Do not overmix.
Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tins. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Move the muffin tin to a cooling rack and let it cool for just 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the pan and cool it completely on a wire rack.
Note: If you wish to use frozen cranberries, do not thaw them. Use them directly from the freezer, otherwise the berries will start bleeding turning the batter red.
You'll also love
- Soup: Hearty White Bean and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Pie- Mom's 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- APRICOT FIG AND GOJI BERRY... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Roasted Chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Blue Cheese and Orange Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Cranberry Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)