Sauted Spinach with Garlic
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8-10 ounces fresh spinach, approximately, cleaned, dried well with the slightest amount of moisture remaining
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, or enough to thinly cover the bottom of the saute pan
- sprinkle of kosher salt, if desired
Adapted from spicedpeachblog.com
Heat large round saute pan to hot then add in the olive oil swirling to cover pan. Add in chopped garlic then reduce heat for about ten seconds while shaking the pan to keep garlic moving, return burner to highest heat and immediately add in fresh spinach, using tongs or shaking well rapidly moving spinach and garlic about the pan to cook evenly and very quickly to prevent spinach from stewing in its own liquid. Sprinkle kosher salt over spinach if desired then immediately remove spinach from pan and serve.
Alternatively, for Asian style spinach side dish stir in a small drop of sesame oil at the very end of sauteing and top with sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- 7-Up Beef and Gravy, Slow Cooker 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Corn Muffins 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4/5 (3 Votes)
- artichoke & Spinach Dip Restaurant... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Red Russian Kale and Chorizo Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- African Chickpea and Spinach Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)