Applebee's Cheese Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 15 ounces can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cubed or pulled
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces processed cheese, l-inch cubes
- 10 (6-inch) colored or yellow corn tortillas, 1/4-inch strips, fried
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
Saute oil, garlic and onions in large pan or Dutch oven until soft.
Add ingredients 4 through 13. Bring to low boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips and fry in oil or spray with oil and bake at 400F (while soup is cooking). Sprinkle with salt if desired.
Thoroughly mix flour and water, then whisk into soup. Bring to a low boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in sour cream and cheese (more or less of each, depending on taste). Ensure 165F serving temperature.
After serving soup, pile tortilla strips into a "haystack" shape on top of the soup.
Optional: garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Jalapeno Buffalo Ranch Chicken... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken - NuWave oven 5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Easiest Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup 3.9/5 (46 Votes)
- Chicken or Turkey chili 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Curtis Stone Chipotle Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Ginger Chicken With... 3.9/5 (79 Votes)