Pork Chops with Chive Butter and Balsamic Roasted Onions
Roasted onions add a sweet and savory flavor to these pork chops topped with chive butter. Add some home made mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables to finish off the meal.
- 2 small red onions
- Balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove of garlic (halved)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Adapted from navywifecook.com
Heat oven to 450F.
Slice both onions into fourths. Place them in a roasting pan with the sliced sides facing up. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Roast onions for about 20 minutes, or until soft and caramelized.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt & pepper.
Place chops in the heated skillet, cooking for about 5-8 minutes (or until golden brown) on one side. Flip and continue cooking for about 3 more minutes. Remove chops to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Reduce the heat to medium. Place a tablespoon of butter in the skillet along with the chives and garlic. Heat until butter has melted and begins bubbling and turning brown. Drizzle butter over pork chop and serve with roast onions.
You'll also love
- Mummy Head Candy Apples 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Bagliani’s Chicken Parmesan 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked barbecue pork buns 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- LEO: Lox, Eggs and Onions 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Onion, Butternut Squash, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)