Cuban Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Weight Watchers Recipe
Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 5
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
This light, super-refreshing salad will be a welcome addition to summer meals. It tastes best when made just before serving.
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste 1/2 tsp Durkee ground cumin, or other brand
- 3/4 pound(s) Chicken breast, stewed, without skin, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 cup(s) pineapple, fresh, cut into chunks
- 1 cup(s) jicama, cut into short thin sticks
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
In a large bowl, stir together lime juice, oil, salt and cumin until blended.
Add chicken, pineapple, jicama, cilantro, red pepper and scallions; toss to mix and coat.
Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
If you want to grill fresh chicken for this recipe, heat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan. Coat two 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts with cooking spray and sprinkle them with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting into chunks.
Black beans would make a tasty addition to this recipe (could affect PointsPlus values).
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Three Cheese Ziti 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pineapple sauce/glaze for hamloaf... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Garlic Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Curry Fried Rice 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Country Chicken Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato... 3.7/5 (86 Votes)