Mandelbroit, otherwise known as biscotti, is an extremely simple and easy cookie recipe. Just make sure you make plenty, because they'll go very fast. They make a great addition to any Hanukkah spread or any other holiday sweet table. They are best when paired with a cup off coffee or enjoy with a tea time spread.
- 1 1/2 sticks (6-ounces) margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (6-ounce) package slivered almonds
- cinnamon, ground, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Melt the margarine in the microwave. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar and add to the margarine. Sift the flour and baking powder. Add to the rest of batter with the salt, vanilla, and slivered almonds. Mix thoroughly. Shape the dough into 4 pieces and sprinkle with cinnamon and bake in a 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool, then cut into 1/2-inch slices and arrange them on a baking sheet. Cut pieces should resemble biscotti.
Return to a 400°F oven and lightly brown on each side.
You'll also love
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Almond Madeleines 4.4/5 (112 Votes)
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread... 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Nonna's Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.2/5 (93 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Spring English Pea & Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey & White Bean Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)