This awesome Almond Madeleines recipe is a family favorite. I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as we do!
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 33mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a madeleine pan.
Using an electric mixture, beat almond paste, butter and sugar until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Beat on high for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and pale colored. Beat in extract.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Pour flour mixture into almond mixture a third at a time, folding gently until incorporated.
Spoon* one tablespoon batter into each mold. Bake 11-13 minutes until light golden and top springs back when pressed.
Cool pan on wire rack for a few minutes and gently un-mold. Cool cookies on wire rack and dust with powdered sugar. Repeat steps 5-6 until all batter has been used.
*Kitchen Tip: A cookie scoop that holds 1 tablespoon of batter makes quick work of this step.
Alternate Baking Method:
Madeleine batter can be baked in mini muffin pans with a slight change in directions. Decrease batter to a scant two teaspoons and bake 10-11 minutes. Makes approximately 50 mini cupcakes.
Note: Madeleines can be double wrapped and frozen up to one month. Thaw on counter and do not microwave.
You'll also love
- Panera Summer Corn Chowder (Copy... 3.7/5 (512 Votes)
- Texas Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie 4.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Southern Triple Decker Strawberry... 4.1/5 (166 Votes)
- Incredible Raspberry Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Rolo Cheesecake Bars 4.5/5 (104 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge Banana No Bake... 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Bark 4.5/5 (82 Votes)