Hasselback Garlic Potatoes w/ Bacon & Cheese
- 16 ounces potatoes
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- Fresh chives (diced)
- Bacon (cut into large chunks)
- Shredded Cheese of your choice- 1-cup
- Sour Cream, recipe follows**
- Herbed Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt & pepper
- combine ingredients in small bowl, season to taste and refrigerate until ready to use
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through.
Place 3 garlic slices between slits at the crown of each potato. Toss in a medium bowl with butter and olive oil.
Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
When the potatoes begin to “fan out” it’s time to make the magic happen.Carefully slip a hunk of bacon into each slit of the potato like so and continue to cook
Once the potatoes and bacon are fully cooked (use a knife poke test), coat the potatoes with heaping helping of shredded cheese. .
Bake until tops are crispy and potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and top with Herbed Sour Cream and chives.
You'll also love
- Baked Ziti 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Honey- Blueberry Muffins 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Homemade Spicy Beef Jerky 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Peach And Raspberry Crisp 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Crunchy Onion BBQ Chicken 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- O'DONNELL'S WARM CABBAGE SALAD 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Crispy Baked Sweet... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)