Slow-Cooker Cherry Chipotle Puled Pork with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Cherry Chipotle Pulled Pork:
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce, from chipotle pepper can
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- Sandwich or slider buns
- Cilantro Lime Slaw:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces packaged coleslaw
Adapted from dixiecrystals.com
1. Rub pork shoulder evenly with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Place pork shoulder roast in sauté pan and sear each side until browned, about 3 minutes a side. Once roast is browned place it in slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, stir to combine ketchup, apple cider, vinegar, brown sugar, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and cinnamon. Pour over pork roast and add cherries and garlic to slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
4. To create Cilantro Lime Slaw, whisk to combine canola oil, white wine vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add coleslaw and toss to evenly coat coleslaw with dressing.
5. When pork shoulder roast is finished cooking and is fork tender, remove roast from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. With a fork, pull roast until shredded. Return pulled pork to slow cooker and stir to coat with remaining cooking juices.
6. Serve alone or on sandwich or slider buns topped with slaw.
You'll also love
- Grammie’s Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- All American Beef Taco 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Juicy Turkey Burgers 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Grammie's pressgurka (Swedish... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Auntie Ime's Easy Pani Popo -... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Herb Braised Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta Carbonara with Hickory... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)