Blackened Tuna Steaks with Mango Salsa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1 Fresh mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 Scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Adapted from google images
1.) Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic in a bowl. Rub the tuna steaks with the mixture. Place the steaks in a sealable container and chill in refrigerator 3 hours.
2.) Combine the mango, bell pepper, Spanish onion, scallion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl; stir. Add the lime juice and 1 1/2 tsp olive oil and toss to combine. chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
3.) Stir together the paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl. Remove the tuna steaks from the refrigerator and gently rinse with water and then dip each side of each steak in the spice mixture to coat.
4.) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over med heat. Gently lay the tuna steaks into the hot oil. Cook the tuna on one side for 3 minutes; remove to a plate. Pour the remaining 2 tsp olive oil into the skillet and let it get hot. Lay the tuna with the uncooked side down into the skillet and cook another 3 minutes; remove from heat immediately.
5.) Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mango salsa onto each of the 4 plates. Lay the tuna steaks atop the salsa and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Soba Noodle-Vegetable Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Asparagus Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mushroom Melt Breakfast Sandwich 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Pasta 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Napoleons 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach, Pear and Cranberry Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Har mee, A Malaysian Prawn Noodle... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Florentine 4.6/5 (9 Votes)