Pumpkin Pecan Praline Torte
Pumpkin Pecan Praline Torte featuring layers of pumpkin cake and cream cheese frosting drizzled with a scrumptious pecan praline topping.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 (8-ounces each) packages cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 pounds or 8 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PECAN PRALINE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 61mins
Adapted from imperialsugar.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place a parchment cutout into each cake pan and brush paper and sides with melted butter or spray with baking spray. Sprinkle evenly with flour and shake out excess, set aside.
Blend and sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Set aside.
In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk egg using a hand held or stand mixer until well blended, add sugar and whip until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. On low speed add vanilla and pumpkin.
Stir in flour and mix until just combined. Scoop and divide evenly into prepared pans.
Place in oven and bake until the center of the cakes bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 13 to 15 minutes.
For frosting mix cream cheese and soft butter on low speed until blended. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and mix on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
In a saucepan bring all the ingredients to a boil excluding the pecans. Boil for 3 minutes ensuring that the mixture will not boil over. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans. Set aside.
Remove parchment paper from one cake round and place cake on a serving platter. Frost the surface with approximately 1/3 inch cream cheese frosting.
Remove parchment paper from second layer and place onto frosted cake round. Frost once again with cream cheese frosting. Remove parchment paper from third layer and place onto frosted cake round.
If caramel topping is too firm to spread onto surface heat briefly until slightly softened. Do not allow to get warm! Spread onto surface of cake.
You'll also love
- Asian Noodle Salad with Chicken... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Reboot - Juice - Mighty Green Grape 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Praline-Apple Bread 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli Tuna Casserole 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Pasta With Spicy Shrimp and Tomato... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Berries & Beet Reboot Smoothie 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Quinoa and Wild Rice Stuffed Squash 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Pear Tarte Tatin with Red-Wine... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)