Easy-Glazed Pearl Onions
- 16 oz Frozen pearl onions
- 2 tb Vegetable oil
- 3 tb Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Beef stock
- 4 tb Red wine vinegar
- Black Pepper
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bigoven.com
RINSE THE ONIONS IN A strainer, just to separate them and remove extra ice. Blot them on paper towels. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
When it is hot, add the onions and sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes, shaking often, until the onions are lightly colored.
Add the beef stock, adjust the heat to medium- high, and continue cooking until the liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, cook for 30 seconds, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
You'll also love
- Applesauce Bread 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pork or Chicken Crescent Roll ups 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Salad... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Kristi's Out Of This World... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Watermelon martini 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Sausages with Marinated... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Medallions with Fresh Pear... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Jicama Pear Pomegranate Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)