I think if you use 2 smaller loaf pans you can bake for 35-40 minutes - will try & let you know...
optional: I took a little of the applesauce & blended it in my vitamix, then added powdered sugar to make a glaze - once the loaf had cooled somewhat, I spread it around the top.
Note - this may need a foil cover & longer baking time if using a regular bread loaf pan… would love to hear from others that try this - even with an unbaked center this was delish...
- 1/2 cup of softened butter (I used vegan butter - love it & I swear it taste just like the real stuff)
- 1 large egg (I used a small egg & a splash of eggbeaters)
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 t nutmeg (I grated mine using fresh nutmegs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of applesauce
- 1 t of pure vanilla extract
- Glaze: 1/4th cup applesauce mixed with powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, first blend together the butter, egg, & sugar (I used my stand mixer).
Then add the flour, baking soda, spices, & salt.
After it starts to from a crumbly dough, pour in the applesauce and mix together.
Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-50 minutes (my first attempt resulted in crusty loaf with an uncooked middle - please let me know how this goes ;-) .
Then I glazed it - but you really don't need to do this :-)