Kristi's Out Of This World Meatloaf with Homemade Tomato Garlic Sauce
This meatloaf is moist and flavorful with a hint of spice. It is great served with creamy buttermilk mashed potatoes or rice with my homemade tomato garlic sauce. If you have leftovers, it is fantastic the next day as a meatloaf sandwich. If you don't care for meatloaf you will NOW! You won't be disspointed
- 1 1/2 lbs. LEAN ground beef
- 1/3 c. bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. chopped red & yellow bell pepper (total 1/2c)
- 1/4 c. chopped celery
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Tomato Garlic Sauce:
- 2 T. Fresh minced onion
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 - 18 oz. can peeled tomatoes
- 4 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 98mins
Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with oil, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients and pat into prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F., for 1 1/2 hours until it tests done.
Note: You may need to drain the grease from the loaf pan during the cooking process.
Tomato Garlic Sauce:
In a small skillet, saute minced garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
In a food processor, combine garlic, olive oil, peeled tomatoes, and spices and pulse until tomatoes are in small pieces. transfer to a 2 quart sauce pan and simmer 20 minutes. Pour sauce over meatloaf or serve along the side of the sliced meatloaf.
You'll also love
- Watermelon martini 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Coconut Bread 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Asparagus Fries with Lemon Herb... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Sangre Blood Orange Margarita 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks with Leek-Tomato... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Tomato Consommé With... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Artichokes with Lemon Garlic... 4/5 (7 Votes)