Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
These Rice Krispie treats are extra special with sweet, salted caramel mixed in! You’ll love the gooey, sticky goodness of this twist on an old favorite.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
Adapted from acozykitchen.com
Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Do not stir. Cook over medium-high heat to a dark caramel, swirling as it begins to brown to distribute the sugar.
While sugar and water are cooking, heat cream in another saucepan or microwave just until warm. and bring 2 tablespoons butter to room temperature.
Remove carmel from heat and whisk in room temperature butter, making sure they are totally combined.
Add warmed cream and whisk vigorously. Stir in salt. Set aside.
In large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat. Add caramel mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
Cut into squares.
You'll also love
- Outback Steakhouse™ Potato Soup... 4.1/5 (87 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberries and Cream... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Cherry Vanilla Cake with Swiss... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan Pralines 4.2/5 (74 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Sugared Pecans 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Appetizers 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Cherry Limeade Cookies 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Cowboy Cupcakes 4.4/5 (55 Votes)