Grilled Turkey, Bacon, Radicchio, and Blue Cheese Sandwiches
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese or other mild blue cheese
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country-style white bread (about 5x3 inches)
- 4 leaves radicchio
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 4 teaspoons butter, room temperature, divided
Adapted from shineyahoo.com
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Pour off fat from skillet; reserve skillet.
2Mash mayonnaise and blue cheese in bowl to coarse puree; season with pepper. Place bread on work surface. Divide cheese mixture among bread slices, spreading evenly. Divide bacon, radicchio, and turkey between 2 bread slices. Top with remaining bread, cheese side down. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in reserved skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Spread 2 teaspoons butter on top pieces of bread. Cover with lid that is slightly smaller than skillet. Cook sandwiches until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.