Maryland Crab Cakes with Quick Tartar Sauce
- Crab Cakes
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I like Hellman’s Real)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I like Maille brand)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery (you’ll need one stalk)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound lump crab meat*
- 1/2 cup panko (I like the Whole Foods 365 brand for this recipe)
- Canola oil
- Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Combine the egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Add the crab meat (be sure to check the meat for any hard and sharp cartilage) and panko; gently fold mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat. Shape into 6 crab cakes (about ½ cup each) and place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with canola oil. When oil is hot, place crab cakes in pan and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Be careful as oil may splatter. Serve immediately with tartar sauce or a squeeze of lemon.
*If you can only find jumbo lump crab meat, you may need to break the pieces up a bit. If the clumps are too large, the crab cakes won’t hold together well.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Crispy Breaded Tilapia with... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Cream of Potato Soup - Vitamix 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Smoked Brisket 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
- Easy New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Jalapeño, Crab, & Corn Dip 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Bob's Big Boy Tartar Sauce 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Duke's Mayonnaise Homemade Tartar... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Maryland Crab Cakes with Quick... 0/5 (0 Votes)