Pork Egg Foo Yung
- 8 -eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced deli roast pork, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 -(10 1/2-ounce) can chicken gravy
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Preparation time 30mins
In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mushrooms, bean sprouts, pork, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
•Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Spoon three 1/4-cup measures of the egg mixture into the skillet to form pancakes and cook for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Remove to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
•Repeat until all the egg mixture has been cooked, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
•Combine the gravy, soy sauce, and ginger in the skillet over medium heat; mix well for 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve the pancakes topped with the gravy.