Cheddar's Chicken Pot Pie
Nothing beats this Chicken Pot Pie from Cheddar's. The best part is, you can now enjoy the popular dish from the comfort of your own home!
- 3/4 stick of butter, divided use
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 pounds leftover cooked chicken, diced into one-half inch chunks
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten well
Adapted from recipelink.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt 1/4 stick of butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook on low heat 2 minutes. Reserve this mixture.
Melt remaining 1/4 stick butter in 5 quart skillet on medium heat. Add garlic, onions and carrots. Cook on medium for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil. Whisk in the prepared roux (butter-flour mixture) and return filling to a boil until it thickens.
Add reserved chicken and peas and remove from heat. You may cool and refrigerate for up to one day, if planning in advance.
Cut pastry in circles 1 inch larger than baking dishes. Place pastry on top on press around sides to seal.
Beat egg with a whisk until smooth. Brush each pot pie top with the beaten egg. Cut a small hole in center of pastry top to vent.
Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20-30 minutes, until top is golden and filling is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen Eggplant Casserole 3.7/5 (55 Votes)
- Chicken Liver Stuffing 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Crispy Honey Chicken 3.8/5 (50 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken in Slow Cooker 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Applebee's Chicken Wings 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken 3.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Gluten Free Mock McDonald’s... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (12 Votes)