Chicken Liver Stuffing
- 1 pound day-old white bread loaf cut in cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 pound chicken livers
- 1/2 cup butter - (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery leaves
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
Soak bread in water.
Cook chicken livers in butter over medium heat, mashing livers while cooking. Add salt, onion, parsley, celery leaves and mushrooms and continue cooking until chicken livers are cooked and no longer pink and onion is soft. Add garlic powder, oregano and basil.
Squeeze water from wet bread and place bread in large bowl. Add egg and sage and mix well. Add cooked liver mixture.
Turn into greased 13- by 9-inch baking dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake at 375 degrees 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
This recipe yields 9 cups.
Each 1/2-cup serving: 159 calories; 618 mg sodium; 69 mg cholesterol; 7 grams fat; 20 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 1.63 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- P.F. Chang's Crispy Honey Chicken 3.8/5 (45 Votes)
- Velveeta Spicy Chicken Spaghetti 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Fall off the Bone Roasted Chicken... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Panera Bread All-Purpose Stuffing 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade Herb Bread... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CHICKEN LIVER MOUSSE CROSTINI WITH... 1/5 (1 Votes)