Salmon Topped with Crab
This is a take on my crab cake recipe. I made this recently when I visited my son in California … he misses home-cooking! I’ll replace the generic fish picture soon.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dill + additional for the salmon
- Dash of hot sauce (Crystal is what we use), optional
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 salmon fillets
- Olive oil
1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper, dill, and hot sauce (if using).
2. Carefully add in the crab and combine.
3. Add the bread crumbs and stir gently to incorporate.
4. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to come together.
5. Heat oven to 375°.
6. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Place the salmon fillets skin side down on the sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the fish and season with salt and pepper. Dust with a sprinkling of dill.
8. Top each fillet with the crab mixture.
9. Bake for 18 – 25 minutes (depends on the thickness of your fish). Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
10. If tops need additional browning, run under the broiler for a minute.
You'll also love
- cookie - Pumpkin Kiss Cookies 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Lemon Herb Chicken 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Paula's Seafood Chowder 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Lemony Tomato Herb Scallops 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Seared Scallop BLT with Candied... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pecan Crusted Tilapia 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- White Fish in Lemon/Dill Sauce 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Award Winning Maryland Cream of... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)