Key Lime and White Chocolate Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for the counter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons key lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons key lime juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream (half and half will also work)
- Icing – Mix 3 TBS milk and 2 TBS lime juice, with 1/2 cup to 1 cup powdered sugar
Adapted from seaboards.net
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
Scatter the butter over the mixture and cut in with a pastry cutter until
mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
Mix in the white chocolate, lime zest, lime juice and heavy cream.
Turn the dough out onto a floured counter and knead until it forms a rough, slightly sticky ball.
Divide the dough into two balls.
Flatten each dough ball until it is approximately an 8 inch circle.
Using a sharp knife cut each circle first into halves, then fourths and finally eighths.
Place the pieces onto a well greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Drizzle the icing onto hot scones and garnish with lime zest and sugar if desired.
You'll also love
- Mini Shrimp Rolls 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Lobster & Shrimp Pasta 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Pork and leek dumplings 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Acorn Squash Fries 4/5 (72 Votes)
- Citrus Salsa Salmon 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple Cider Pork Roast with Smoked... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread with Pistachios &... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 4.3/5 (38 Votes)