No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed avocado (3 small)
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (regular limes or key limes)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (or use stevia)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil - melted
- zest from 1 lime
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
Pie Crust Directions:
Process all ingredients in a food processor until it can be pinched together and hold.
Push the mixture evenly into the bottom of 6 mini tart pans OR a standard pie pan. Press it firmly and build a crust that climbs the wall of each mold. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up. Fill with key lime cream from recipe below.
Pie Filling Directions:
Blend everything in a food processor. Taste test and adjust ingredients to your liking. Spoon into pie crust from above. Set in freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up.
Recipe submitted by Andrea, Willamina , OR