Round up the posse and dig in! Crispy tater tots, ground beef, onions, sour cream and cheese are the ingredient staples that make up this delicious Cowboy Casserole.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15.25-ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bag (30-ounce) frozen tater tots
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from doitandhow.com
Set the frozen tater tots out to defrost.
In a large skillet cook the onion until tender and translucent. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the beef and cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the mixture and place into a large bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the soup, milk and sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Add to hamburger mixture and stir to combine. Add corn and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Gently mix to combine.
Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer half of the tater tots on the bottom, pour the hamburger mixture over the top and then layer with the other half of the tater tots.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (206 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Wontons 4.5/5 (198 Votes)
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders 4.6/5 (189 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (195 Votes)
- PF Chang's Mongolian Beef 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Dumpling Casserole 4.4/5 (173 Votes)