Vegan Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (I like Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated or raw sugar (I use granulated)
- 6 ounces (one half of a box) plain or low fat Silken firm tofu (blending or processing first assures no lumps)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Adapted from thebloomingplatter.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease a 5 x 9″ loaf pan.
Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Beat in tofu until well combined.
Add 1 cup flour and, with mixer on low, mix just until incorporated.
Add water and extracts and do the same.
End with remaining cup of flour and baking powder.
Increase speed to medium and beat for 1-2 minutes.
Spoon mixture into pan and lightly smooth the top.
Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 55 minutes.
You'll also love
- Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Coca Cola Cake using Box Cake Mix 3.8/5 (81 Votes)
- Emily's Pound Cake 3.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Vanilla Chai Pound Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Boston Market's Squash Casserole 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Polish Pound Cake 4.2/5 (5 Votes)