Coca Cola Cake using Box Cake Mix
A good ole chocolate-y cake with Coca Cola. Most folks can't taste the Coke but it really does add something extra special that's hard to put your finger on. Is it a little sweeter? Is it spongier? Is it smoother? It's all of those things and more!
- 1 box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 small box (4 ounce) Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Ingredients listed on back of cake mix box (eggs & oil - water not needed)
- 1 1/3 cups Coca Cola
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa
- 4 -6 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 2 cups packed Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (opt)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from thecountrycook.net
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
Spray 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions but instead of adding water, you will replace that amount with Coca-Cola. Add in dry instant pudding mix to the batter and mix as well.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake according to package directions, usually around 35-39 minutes. Just before cake is ready to come out of the oven, start making frosting.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, start melting one stick of butter. Add in cocoa powder and heavy cream (or milk) and stir. Then stir in confectioners' sugar.
Stir briskly with a whisk to get all the lumps out. Take mixture off the heat and add in vanilla extract. Once cake comes out of oven pour frosting over warm cake. Do your best to spread it out evenly.
Sprinkle chopped nuts on top, if using.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca... 3.9/5 (152 Votes)
- Sweet Christmas Pickles 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Hunter Beans 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Crumb Apple Pie 3.3/5 (108 Votes)
- Emily's Pound Cake 3.7/5 (41 Votes)
- Coca-Cola Fried Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coca-Cola Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe