Bake these amazing Applesauce Muffins any time of the year! Lightly sweet and delicious, these are a great way to start any morning.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground glaxseed/flaxseed meal
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 whole banana, peeled and mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- extra buttermilk as needed for thinning
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 38mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Thoroughly grease a 12-count muffin pan.
In a large bowl, combine flours, flaxseed meal, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, walnuts, and raisins. Stir together until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, banana, applesauce and molasses.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until it just barely comes together. Batter should be wet and sticky; if needed, splash in a couple extra tablespoons of buttermilk.
Scoop 1/4 cup helpings into the muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
Serve with softened butter and jelly if you're a rebel like me.
You'll also love
- COUNTRY BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Filled Ableskiver 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Banana doughnut for the doughnut... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Gluten free Apple Kuchen cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Apple Harvest Pockets 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Strawberry... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Hoppin' John 4.5/5 (16 Votes)