Apple Harvest Pockets
- 1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package (see Note)
- 2 cups peeled, diced apples (see Option)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Caramel topping (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Unroll the pie crusts and place on a cutting board. Cut each crust into quarters, making 8 wedges total.
In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon; mix well.
Spoon 1/3 cup of the apple mixture on one half of each wedge. Fold the wedge over the filling. With a fork, crimp the edges to seal the dough. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut several small slits in the top of each to allow steam to escape.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden. Serve warm or cool as is, or drizzle with caramel topping and serve with ice cream.
A 21-ounce can of apple pie filling can be used in place of the apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.