Gingered Carrot- Sweet Potato Soup
Soup start to finish 30 minutes
- 1 pound carrots peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 14.5 oz cans of sodium reduced chicken broth.
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 c sour cream (low fat) or creme fraiche
- 2 T finely minced green onion or fresh chives
- 1 19 oz can no salt added cannelini beans rinsed and drained
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. In dutch oven combine carrots, potato, broth, and ginger. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer covered until vegies are tender (10 -12 minutes). Meanwhile in small bowl combine sour cream and onions and set aside.
2. In blender puree the vegetables with the bean. Doing so with 1/4 at a time. Remove cap on blender lid and cover with folded kitchen towel. Season with salt and pepper. Top servings with sour cream and onion.
makes 4 servings
You'll also love
- EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA PIZZA 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beet & Walnut Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Carrot Ribbon Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Produce Potato Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage With Cabbage Sweet... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- All-Bran Classic Carrot Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato, Quinoa... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)