The ultimate mall fruity shake at home! I modified this recipe one day from one I found online for a Strawberry Julius. I have sensitive teeth so I don't like ice much anyway, and don't like the "slushie headache".
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced, fresh is best
- 1/2 cup milk (nonfat or lowfat okay)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or flavoring
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from food.com
Slice up fresh strawberries until you have enough to fill one cup.
Add to a blender or food processor, or if you only have a stick mixer, just put it in a large pyrex jug. Add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth.
You may want to try this a little bit cooler for summer days, omit the water and add a few ice cubes. I only leave out the ice cubes because my food processor can't handle hard ice. Also it does tend to separate if you leave it sitting around for a minute, Don't let this put you off, just stir it up a bit, it tastes the same, just tends to be more frothy at the top then.
You'll also love
- New Potatoes in White Sauce with... 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Bodacious Broccoli Salad 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Washington Apple Cake 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon & Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes... 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Blueberry and Candied Ginger Ice... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Red, White, & Blue Strawberry... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)