Easy Fresh Orange Cupcakes with Orange Butter Cream Frosting
- Quick Orange Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Sunkist® orange juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. finely grated Sunkist® orange zest
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Sunkist® orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated Sunkist® orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Adapted from sunkist.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Paper line or grease 24 muffin cups.
• Combine cake mix, orange juice, eggs, oil and orange zest in large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer blend until moistened, beat on low speed for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
• Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
• Place butter, orange juice and orange zest in medium mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and salt. Frost cupcakes with Quick Orange Buttercream Frosting, decorate as desired.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Watermelon Cosmopolitan 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Avocado Cucumber Egg Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegan Cheezy Asparagus Lemon Pasta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Honey Orange Glazed Carrots 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Butter Cream Easter Eggs 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Wegmans butter cream frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)