Slow Cooked Orange Pork Roast Tacos by Sandra Lee
Tender spicy pork tacos. Low carb tortillas are becoming more available, Yea!
- Cabbage Slaw:
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 10 lb bone in Pork shoulder ( I used a smaller pork roast about 3-4 lbs.)
- 2 T Soy sauce
- 1 T Garlic chopped
- 1 c Orange Marmalade ( I used sugar free)
- 20 tortillas ( I used 6-10 tortillas)
- 1 Red Cabbage head shredded
- 4 Carrots grated
- 1/4 c Cider Vinegar
- S&P to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 495mins
Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl and toss. Cover & let sit in fridge for 1-8 hrs.
Place onions in bottom of 5 qt slow cooker. Place pork , fat side up, in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl mix the rest of the ingredients & pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hrs.
Remove pork to a serving platter & let rest for 5 mins. or longer.
( I deviate from the recipe here & pour liquid from slow cooker into a medium sauce pan and on high heat, reduce to half.)
Now pull meat with 2 forks.
Warm your tortillas the way you like, add pork & sauce & add slaw. Enjoy.
You'll also love
- Classic Tourtière or Québec Pork... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- DALES BEST CLAM CHOWDER WITH BACON 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Apple... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Vegan Cheezy Asparagus Lemon Pasta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Fresh Spaghetti with Garden... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orange Balls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)