Avocado Cucumber Egg Salad
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lg avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Adapted from willcookforsmiles.com
1. Hard boiled eggs: bring water to boil in a medium pot (enough to cover the eggs). Add eggs carefully, using a large spoon, so you don't crack the eggs. Cover, boil for about a minute and turn off the heat. Leave the pot on the same burner but with heat turned off. Let eggs sit in the pot for about 20-25 minutes. This method has not failed me yet but you are of course free to use your method of making hard boiled eggs.
2. Peel and dice hard boiled eggs. Add them to a mixing bowl.
3. Peel cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeded center, leaving just the outer meat. Dice the cucumber and add it to the eggs.
4. Cut avocado in half. Take out the pit and gentry cut avocado meat lengthwise, then width-wise, not cutting through the avocado skin. Gently peel avocado skin off the meat and add avocado cubes to the mixing bowl.
5. Add paprika, salt and mayo. Very gently, fold the salad, mixing all ingredients until combined.