Pineapple Coconut Oil Banana Bread
Tropical flavors abound in this bread with bananas, coconut and pineapple! Serve for breakfast, or as a snack. Broil the bread with some butter for a treat.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (canola or vegetable oil, or browned or melted butter may be substituted)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk, or sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 large or 3 small ripe bananas)
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from averiecooks.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-by-4-inch loaf pans with floured cooking spray; set aside. (I have not tried it but I suspect you could bake as muffins, mini loaves, or in a Bundt pan, adjusting baking times accordingly).
In a large bowl combine the eggs, coconut oil, buttermilk, sugars, vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and stir to just incorporate; don't overmix because the gluten will overdevelop and bread will be tougher. Stir in bananas. Stir in pineapple (if using frozen, just add it frozen, no need to thaw it first. If using fresh or canned, make sure it's well-drained or it could water-down the batter).
Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for about 45 minutes, or until top is golden and set, a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean (banana bread is gooey and it may not come out perfectly clean). If bread is browning too fast on the top, you may wish to tent the pan with foil.
Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
You'll also love
- Spicy Louisiana Cajun Shrimp With... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Mushroom Soup 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Bruschetta 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Blue Valium Drink 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Crock Pot - Monkey Bread 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Raspberry White Chocolate Scones 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp & Pineapple... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)