Crock Pot - Monkey Bread
Uses your crockpot to make a deliciously sweet and tasty monkey bread. Don't forget to place a paper towel over the top of the crockpot before you cover it to cook. This will prevent any condensation from getting on your monkey bread.
- 16.3 ounces Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 8 ounces butter, stick, melted - (use butter, not margarine)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from getcrocked.com
Use a slow cooker liner (Amazon.com sells these) In a 5 quart slow cooker and spray the liner with cooking spray.
Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Mix sugars and cinnamon together in another bowl.
Cut each biscuit into quarters.
Line up the following ingredients in this order: biscuits, butter, sugar cinnamon mixture.
Dip biscuits into butter then roll in sugar cinnamon mixture and put in one layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. They will fit very snugly. (Note: If adding pecans (optional) sprinkle them in now.)
Place paper towel over top of crock. (This will keep the condensation from dripping down on the monkey bread.)
Cover. Cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Each crock cooks differently, so you will need to check!
When biscuits are done, lift out the liner and transfer to a plate.
A simple way to remove from the liner is to roll it down over the sides of the plate, and slide off with a large spatula!
Mix a cup of confectioners sugar and a couple tablespoons of milk for the icing. (Optional)
Drizzle over the top of of the monkey bread.
You'll also love
- Shrimp & Sautéed Spinach 4/5 (66 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake Cupcakes 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- White Bread by Julia Child 3.9/5 (80 Votes)
- Chocolate Almond Muffins 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy 3 Ingredient Banana Bread 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- PB&J Breakfast Danish 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Pull-Apart Bread 4.2/5 (26 Votes)